Saturday

Have You ever heard...

These lyrics by Kanye West?
From his College Drop Out Album "Breathe in Breathe Out"

..."Golly, more of that bullshit ice rap


I got to 'pologize to Mos and Kweli (probably)

But is it cool to rap about gold

If I told the world I copped it from Ghana and Mali? (Mali!)

First nigga with a Benz and a backpack

Ice chain, Cardi lens, and a knapsack

Always said if I rapped I'd say somethin' significant

But now I'm rappin' 'bout money, hoes, and rims again

And it's still about the Benjamins

Big faced hundreds and whatever other synonyms

Strippers named Cinnamon

More chips than Pentium

What'cha gon' buy next? Whatever new trend it is

I'm tryin' to spend my stacks

And I'm so broke I look back like "Damn, was I on crack?"

I mean twelve platinum chains, was I on that?

What the hell was wrong with me dog?

Sing along with my y'all..."

Isn't that ironic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment